Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I adapted this from a friend's recipe for Bacon Cheese Puffs. I had no patience in making all those little balls filled with dough. These are always a huge hit at any function. The recipe doubles and triples easily.
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- garlic powder, to taste
- seasoning salt, to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, mushrooms, green onion, bacon, garlic powder and seasoned salt.
- Separate crescent dinner rolls into 4 rectangles.
- Firmly press preforations to seal.
- Spoon 1/4 of the mixture onto the rectangle and spread to the end, evenly.
- Roll the rectangle in a jelly roll fashion and slice into 6 slices.
- Repeat with rest of mixture and dough.
- Place pinwheels onto a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 11 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before removing to a serving platter.
I omitted the mushrooms, but followed the rest of the recipe. Our group loved these bites. It seems that I can't really go wrong with anything involving bacon, cream cheese and crescent rolls...they love it all!
THANK YOU--VERY GOOD RECIPE---WILL TRY IT THIS WK. END --as wk. ends are so hectic--this will 'help' allot! :)