Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a yummy sandwich to make on a cold day or just for when you are in the mood for something cheesy with bacon.
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 slices bread
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to broil at 425°F.
- Heat a frying pan on the stove.
- Fry bacon strips until they are the desired doneness.
- Set aside bacon to cool and drain. place bread on a cookie sheet and broil for about 3 minutes until bread is lightly toasted.
- Turn bread slices over (use a tong) and sprinkle shredded cheese on top in a nice thick layer and broil for about 3 minutes until the cheese is nice and melted.
- Take the bread out of the oven and let cool for about 2 minutes.
- Next layer a slice of tomato, onion, pickle and lettuce on one side and place bacon on.
- You may want to add a little low fat mayo or mustard.
- Put together and enjoy!
Had these for lunch today. Used leftover bacon from breakfast and thick slices of homemade sourdough bread. Used a combo of cheddar, mozzarella, swiss and velveeta shredds cause I needed to clean out the half used packages in the cheese drawer. Used mayo and all the toppings. Was super and very filling!! TY Blink!