Pepper Monkey's Note:
This is a yummy sandwich to make on a cold day or just for when you are in the mood for something cheesy with bacon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to broil at 425°F.
- 2Heat a frying pan on the stove.
- 3Fry bacon strips until they are the desired doneness.
- 4Set aside bacon to cool and drain. place bread on a cookie sheet and broil for about 3 minutes until bread is lightly toasted.
- 5Turn bread slices over (use a tong) and sprinkle shredded cheese on top in a nice thick layer and broil for about 3 minutes until the cheese is nice and melted.
- 6Take the bread out of the oven and let cool for about 2 minutes.
- 7Next layer a slice of tomato, onion, pickle and lettuce on one side and place bacon on.
- 8You may want to add a little low fat mayo or mustard.
- 9Put together and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Cheese Melt
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.4
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 60.4 mg
- Sodium 893.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 16.1 g