Recipe by Pepper Monkey
This is a yummy sandwich to make on a cold day or just for when you are in the mood for something cheesy with bacon.
Top Review by LAURIE
Had these for lunch today. Used leftover bacon from breakfast and thick slices of homemade sourdough bread. Used a combo of cheddar, mozzarella, swiss and velveeta shredds cause I needed to clean out the half used packages in the cheese drawer. Used mayo and all the toppings. Was super and very filling!! TY Blink!
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 slices bread
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to broil at 425°F.
- Heat a frying pan on the stove.
- Fry bacon strips until they are the desired doneness.
- Set aside bacon to cool and drain. place bread on a cookie sheet and broil for about 3 minutes until bread is lightly toasted.
- Turn bread slices over (use a tong) and sprinkle shredded cheese on top in a nice thick layer and broil for about 3 minutes until the cheese is nice and melted.
- Take the bread out of the oven and let cool for about 2 minutes.
- Next layer a slice of tomato, onion, pickle and lettuce on one side and place bacon on.
- You may want to add a little low fat mayo or mustard.
- Put together and enjoy!