Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Perfect for tailgating and game-day parties! The blue cheese gives a nice tang! Posted as written. Serve with a variety pack of crackers. I have not tried this warm yet -- but this fall I will try it warmed up in my mini-crock pot and update then! Cook time of two hours is the time to chil the dip after it is made.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled blue cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- blue cheese, crumbles (optional)
- Process first 5 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Stir in half of bacon. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with remaining bacon.
- Garnish with parsley and crumbles, if desired.
This dip got rave reviews; I really don't like blue cheese so I did not try it. My husband thought it was absolutely amazing. I made as written without any substitutions. I served it cold. Made for Went to the Market tag
Delicious! I made it hot for the cold weather. :) Put it all in the microwave for 1 minute, stirred it, and then another minute. Nice and hot and flavorful served w/tortilla chips (also tried triscuits but didn't like it as well with them). Next time I think I'll leave out the onion and then top w/ sliced green onion instead, for some visual interest.
This was a great dip. Gotta love Southern Living! I made it cold and had it at room temp per the instructions and it was yummy.The freshly made bacon and the creamy blue cheese were flavorful and the dip clung to crackers well. I will post a picture soon.Thanks SarahBeth for posting. (Made for NEWEST ZAAR TAG-September 2009)