Recipe by KelBel
My brother made this for everyone the morning after Thanksgiving. Delicious served with a side of fruit salad or fried potatoes.
Top Review by CandyTX
This was REALLY good. If we make it again, we will double the bacon - we didn't think there was enough in there, but we are both bacon fiends. I think you could play with this one a little, subbing any cooked lean meat such as ham or sausage - maybe add some cooked onions. BUT this is still great as written! Yum!
- 1 loaf French bread, cubed
- 113.39 g gruyere cheese, shredded
- 113.39 g monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 12 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 314.66 ml milk
- 78.07 ml white wine
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 177.44 ml sour cream
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Cover bottom with bread, sprinkle with cheeses, bacon and scallions.
- Beat together eggs through cayenne pepper until foamy. Pour over bread, cheese, bacon and scallion mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 more minutes.