My brother made this for everyone the morning after Thanksgiving. Delicious served with a side of fruit salad or fried potatoes.
- 1⁄2 loaf French bread, cubed
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Cover bottom with bread, sprinkle with cheeses, bacon and scallions.
- Beat together eggs through cayenne pepper until foamy. Pour over bread, cheese, bacon and scallion mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 more minutes.