Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on Pillsbury.com and revised it. Even my picky 9-yr old son liked it fairly well and my husband and I loved it! You can vary the add-ins to your taste or try it different ways. You could use sausage or ham instead of bacon, add mushrooms, etc. You could also top with a white gravy. This would be really good served with a fresh fruit salad!
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper, chopped (red or yellow would be good also)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (cheddar, monterey jack, etc.)
- 1 package Ready Crisp bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (or regular fried bacon)
- salt & pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Saute chopped onion and bell pepper in butter. Set aside to cool at least 10 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, mix together eggs, milk, cheese, bacon, and salt & pepper. Stir in cooled onion & bell peppers. (Don't stir hot vegies into egg mixture lest it start cooking the eggs.)
- Open and separate biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces.
- Stir biscuit pieces into egg mixture.
- Spread into sprayed casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes or until nicely browned and biscuit pieces are done. Use a fork to slightly pry apart the biscuit pieces to make sure the biscuits are not still doughy.
- Serve and enjoy!