Recipe by Austin Marlowe
This is a recipe that was inspired by an Emeril recipe but it is all original it is very good. It is an awesome take on normal mashed potatoes. The bacon it it gives it good crunch and flavor. And all the butter helps too.
Top Review by Scarlett516
These were delicious! I didn't have any chives, so I used a bit of onion as recommended in the substitutions thread here. I can't wait to make these again with the chives. Thank you for an excellent recipe!
- 5 -6 lbs red potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1⁄3 cup of finely chopped chives
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt, divided (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut potatoes in fourths and cut off all black spots.
- Put in large pot with cold water and add 2 cloves of garlic, slightly crushed, on stove on high.
- When water boils add 1 tbs of salt; cook till when poked with knife it easily comes out.
- Mince and sauté remaining garlic with EVOO till brown and caramelized.
- Drain potatoes and remove garlic cloves.
- Mash and add sautéed garlic and remaining ingredients.