Recipe by Happy Hippie
Another 5-star waffle recipe found on Mr.Breakfast.com I'm on a search for great waffle recipes to use with my new waffle iron. Trying to get them all into one place for easy access -- in my case, that would be Zaar, my home away from home, LOL! Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by College Girl
I was excited about these. I've never had savory waffles before. I think I needed a thicker waffle maker... one that makes thicker waffles. or maybe i had them cooking for too long... mine makes thinner waffles so the cheese got evenly burnt... its a great idea and i liked the flavor. i wish there were gooey bits of cheese though.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 6 bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, beat 1 egg.
- Add: milk, sour cream, melted butter or margarine
- Stir in Bisquick baking mix, mix well.
- Fold in: cooked and crumbled bacon strips and cheddar cheese
- Spoon batter onto a hot waffle iron.
- Close waffle iron and cook until golden brown. (Will be done when steaming stops -- 4-5 minutes).
- Serve drizzled with: maple syrup OR fruit-flavored syrup.