Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just put these together to go with some smoked pork loin and they were great.
- 4 slice bacon, thick cut cooked and chopped
- 453.59 g large white mushroom
- 59.14 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 118.29 ml cherry tomatoes
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml butter
- De-stem mushrooms and reserve stems.
- Lightly coat mushroom caps with olive oil and place in a small cooking sheet top down.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- in a saute pan over low-medium heat, saute mushrooms and basil until lightly brown. Add chopped cherry tomatoes and all but 3 Tbsp of bacon. Turn off heat and stir until well mixed.
- Place mix inside the cap of each mushroom trying not to over fill.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then remove and top each with an equal portion of cheese. Set oven to High Broil and return mushrooms to heat watching closely. When cheese becomes slightly brown, remove from oven and top with remaining bacon.
- Allow to cool and Serve.