Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Potato Lover's Beware! One Word, "Delicious"
Make and share this Bacon, Cheddar, Sour Cream and Chive, Twice Baked Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits (real Bacon)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup Miracle Whip or 1⁄3 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion (diced very fine)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon roasted garlic (or you can use Garlic Salt)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Wrap potatoes in foil and bake in a 400* oven for 45-60 minutes. When potatoes are done, unwrap and let them cool.
- When potatoes have completely cooled, slice them in half, and with a small spoon; gently remove the center and you should have a potato boat.
- Place scooped out potatoes in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, mixing well.
- Reserve a handful of shredded cheese for the topping.
- Using a spoon fill the boats with the mashed mixture and top with the reserved cheese.
- Bake on 375* for 10-15 minute then on broil, watching closely so they do not burn until the cheese is slightly browned.
- Top Potato Boats with sour cream and more chives (optional of course), and Enjoy!
It is a delious recipe. I would wait about 5 minutes to cut open and take out the inside of the pototoes
This is an easy to follow and quick to assemble twice baked potato recipe. It uses ingredients I always have on hand. I did not use the sweet onions and I added extra garlic. I successfully halved the recipe. Thank you for sharing your delicious recipe Donna!