Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
From The Brickhouse Inn Bed and Breakfast Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. Good, fun way to make an omelet. Obviously, you can play with ingredients from ham, sausage, potatoes, etc.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease foil with cooking spray.
- Place foil in bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together flour, milk, butter and eggs until smooth.
- Pour carefully into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake until eggs are set 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with cheese.
- Starting at narrow end of pan and using foil to lift roll the omelet. Wrap with foil and return to warm oven for a few minutes. when ready to serve slice into 1 or 1 1/2 inch slices.
Very easy to put together. I halved the recipe and used an 8 x 8-inch pan. I took the advice of a previous reviewer and added black pepper, but it still was a bit lacking in flavor. Garlic powder and/or onion of some kind in the egg mix, maybe? But a good, basic starter recipe, and I will experiment with it, because it is so easy and quick for a week night supper!
This was real easy to make, and it was good, but something I think was missing. The DS enjoyed it, and so did one of my kids, so we got a split decision here. Will make again .