Recipe by the6-sranch
I've never had any other twice baked potato as good as these! To save time, I will "bake" my potatoes in the microwave for 20 minutes on high. Feel free to add anything you want to give them your own signature style. I use Sargento's Shredded Chipotle Cheddar when I can find it in the store. Broccoli or bleu cheese might be worth adding too!
Top Review by Southern Bug
I adjusted the amounts in order to serve just 2 people. I didn't used the bacon because I didn't have any on hand. I also added some extra garlic & onion powder to the mixture. My boyfriend LOVED these!!!! Definitely a keeper - thank you!
- 5 medium russet potatoes, baked
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (1 ounce) envelopes ranch dressing mix
- 4 -6 green onions, sliced
- 12 ounces applewood smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise; scoop out the pulp into a large mixing bowl, leaving a thin shell.
- Stir butter into the pulp.
- Stir in all the other ingredients until evenly distributed.
- Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until heated through.