Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made up this recipe last night on a whim, and boy were they good!! We didn't have any buns and just ate them on toasted bread! (Didn't matter, they were awesome!)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean hamburger
- 1 (1 ounce) packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 6 tablespoons barbecue sauce, more if needed and see note
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 slices marbled cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3 slices tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons prepared creamy ranch salad dressing
- 3 hamburger buns, lightly toasted
- In bowl, mix together the hamburger and dressing mix packet well.
- Shape into 3 patties, set in fridge to chill and firm up.
- Meanwhile, in large frying pan, cook bacon sprinkling with the pepper on both sides, drain grease saving 1-2 Tbl.
- Set bacon aside wrapped in paper towel.
- Fry hamburgers in same pan with a little bacon grease til done.
- Coat with bbq sauce, top with cheddar slices, cover, heat til cheese is melted. Place on bottom buns, top with bacon, onion, lettuce and tomato.
- Mix the prepared dressing with the mayo and spread on top buns, place on top.
- *Note: I always use Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce. Other bbq sauces might not work well.
Loved these burgers! Like many of the other reviews, I left out the bbq sauce (don't like bbq'd burgers). I emailed this recipe to my daughter. Will be using this a lot this summer.
My boyfriend and I just made these literally about 4 minutes ago and we are both speechless...one word: amazing! Thanks for posting this recipe!
Wonderful! Delicious! I BBQ'd these,quadrupled the recipe and yes used BBQ sauce. Bull's-Eye OLD WEST HICKORY' Thanks for sharing.