Recipe by Wildflour
I made up this recipe last night on a whim, and boy were they good!! We didn't have any buns and just ate them on toasted bread! (Didn't matter, they were awesome!)
Top Review by Charlotte in North Carolina
Loved these burgers! Like many of the other reviews, I left out the bbq sauce (don't like bbq'd burgers). I emailed this recipe to my daughter. Will be using this a lot this summer.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean hamburger
- 1 (1 ounce) packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 6 tablespoons barbecue sauce, more if needed and see note
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 slices marbled cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3 slices tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons prepared creamy ranch salad dressing
- 3 hamburger buns, lightly toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, mix together the hamburger and dressing mix packet well.
- Shape into 3 patties, set in fridge to chill and firm up.
- Meanwhile, in large frying pan, cook bacon sprinkling with the pepper on both sides, drain grease saving 1-2 Tbl.
- Set bacon aside wrapped in paper towel.
- Fry hamburgers in same pan with a little bacon grease til done.
- Coat with bbq sauce, top with cheddar slices, cover, heat til cheese is melted. Place on bottom buns, top with bacon, onion, lettuce and tomato.
- Mix the prepared dressing with the mayo and spread on top buns, place on top.
- *Note: I always use Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce. Other bbq sauces might not work well.