Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great for breakfast, brunch or dinner!
- 5 -6 slices cooked bacon
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- cayenne pepper
- 1 pie shell
- Crumble bacon in to the bottom of the pie shell.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the bacon.
- Saute green onions in bacon grease and sprinkle over cheese.
- Beat eggs, half& half& milk together, then add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into the pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
This was SO good, it's now our forever Christmas-morning recipe!
Excellent!! I used left over sliced variety of cheeses from a cracker tray from the previous nights party. It was delicious. I also added extra egg because I had deep dish pie crust. I am making it again this weekend!
I made this Christmas morning and it was wonderful! It was a nice treat to have after opening presents! I made part of it in advance, I did everything the day before, but the egg mixture, and put it in the fridge the day before. Next morning I made the egg mixture, poured it on top of the bacon and cheese in the pie crust and put it in the oven. It was finished by the time we opened presents. This may become a new Christmas morning tradition. Thanks again! Jennifer