1/2 Photos of Bacon Cheddar Popovers
Jug O'Mud's Note:
These popovers are crunchy on the outside, yet soft in the middle. With bacon and cheddar flavor throughout, what's not to love? source: Family Circle
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Coat 8 cups of a popover/muffin pan with non-stick spray. Be sure to fill empty cups with water to avoid burning pan. Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
- 22. Whisk flour and salt together in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Add to the flour mixture and stir until blended. Fold in cheese, bacon and scallion.
- 33. Fill popover/muffin cups 3/4 full (approx. 1/3 cup batter in each). Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350° and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until browned and puffed. ***Keep oven closed until the end of baking time or else the popovers will deflate.***.
- 44. Remove popovers from the oven. Immediately remove popovers from pan to cool. Pierce sides once with a knife to release steam.
- 55. Serve warm. (Re-heat at 350° for 5 minutes to crisp the outside edges, if needed.).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Cheddar Popovers
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.4
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 169.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 7.3 g