Recipe by Wildflower5150
From Cooking Light July 2007-I thought these would be a really tasty quick breakfast idea. Great for breakfast or with soup; split and toast leftovers.
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices center-cut bacon, slices cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place 12 paper muffin cup liners in muffin cups. Coat liners with cooking spray; set aside.
- Lighty spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in large bowl; mae a well in center of mixture.
- Combine milk and juice in a medium bowl; let stand 2 minutes (milk will curdle).
- Add butter and egg; stir well to combine. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Stir in cheese and bacon. Spoon batter evernly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 fro 17 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in the center.
- Remove muffins from pans immediately; place on wire rack.