1/3 Photos of Bacon-Cheddar-Chive Scones
These rich, tender scones are packed with chunks of Cheddar cheese and diced bacon, and accented with fresh chives. Serve them with soup or a salad for a satisfying meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml unbleached all-purpose flour (can sub pastry flour for extra nice scones)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 0 cold butter
- 236.59 ml very coarsely grated cheddar cheese (or diced, your choice)
- 78.07 ml about 1/2 ounce snipped fresh chives (the green part, 3/4 ounce) or 78.07 ml finely diced scallion top (the green part, 3/4 ounce)
- 226.79 g bacon (cooked, cooled, and crumbled about 1 cup)
- 177.44 ml heavy cream (or enough to make the dough cohesive)
- 29.58 ml heavy cream, for brushing tops
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line it with parchment.
- 2Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- 3Work the butter into the flour until the mixture is unevenly crumbly.
- 4Mix in the cheese, chives, and bacon till evenly distributed.
- 5Add ¾ cup of the cream, stirring to combine. Try squeezing the dough together; if it’s crumbly and won’t hang together, or if there are crumbs remaining in the bottom of the bowl, add cream until the dough comes together. Transfer the shaggy dough to a well-floured work surface.
- 6Pat the dough into a smooth 7" disk about ¾" thick. Transfer the disk to the prepared baking sheet.
- 7Use a knife or bench knife to cut the disk into 8 wedges, spreading the wedges apart a bit on the pan.
- 8Brush the scones with a bit of cream; this will help their crust brown.
- 9Bake the scones for 20 to 25 minutes, until they’re golden brown. Remove them from the oven, and cool right on the pan. Serve warm, or at room temperature.
- 10Yield: 8 large scones.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon-Cheddar-Chive Scones
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.9
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 69.8 mg
- Sodium 761.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: