Recipe by Karen=^..^=
After looking at many cheese ball recipes that didn't fit my family's tastes, I made one up to serve on New Year's Eve. Everyone loved and it was super simple to put together. I didn't roll my cheese ball in chopped nuts, but you could certainly do that or even roll it in additional crumbled bacon.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (I used light cream cheese)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese (I used Cabot's Seriously Sharp)
- 5 -6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried chives (or 1 tbl or so snipped fresh chives)
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 dash garlic powder
- chopped pecans (optional) or walnuts (optional)
- additional crumbled cooked bacon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a med-large size bowl.
- If your cream cheese is soft enough, you can stir this by hand or you can use a hand-mixer until well combined.
- Spoon out onto plastic wrap big enough to fold over top and form cheese mixture into a smooth bowl, wrapping plastic wrap around ball to seal.
- (If desired, roll cheese ball into chopped nuts or additional cooked and crumbled bacon before wrapping.).
- Place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours so flavors blend.
- Serve with crackers, bagel chips, veggies, etc.