1/2 Photos of Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball Spread
After looking at many cheese ball recipes that didn't fit my family's tastes, I made one up to serve on New Year's Eve. Everyone loved and it was super simple to put together. I didn't roll my cheese ball in chopped nuts, but you could certainly do that or even roll it in additional crumbled bacon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (I used light cream cheese)
- 1 -1 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese (I used Cabot's Seriously Sharp)
- 5 -6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried chives (or 1 tbl or so snipped fresh chives)
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 dash garlic powder
- chopped pecans (optional) or walnuts (optional)
- additional crumbled cooked bacon (optional)
- 1Combine all ingredients in a med-large size bowl.
- 2If your cream cheese is soft enough, you can stir this by hand or you can use a hand-mixer until well combined.
- 3Spoon out onto plastic wrap big enough to fold over top and form cheese mixture into a smooth bowl, wrapping plastic wrap around ball to seal.
- 4(If desired, roll cheese ball into chopped nuts or additional cooked and crumbled bacon before wrapping.).
- 5Place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours so flavors blend.
- 6Serve with crackers, bagel chips, veggies, etc.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball Spread
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.7
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 25.9 mg
- Sodium 118.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 3.2 g