Recipe by bananabreadeater
This amazing Bacon Cheddar Ball is good for a big super bowl party or just a family celebration. A huge hit in my house!
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion, thinly sliced green only
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked patted dry and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, cheddar almond accents
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring cream cheese and blue cheese to room temperature. In a food processor combine cheeses and bacon fat well. If it seems too stiff* ,add 2-3T cream to thin it out some.
- Add the remaining ingredient (except almonds) and pulse to blend. Try not to break the bacon and onions up too much.
- Form cheese mixture into either 60 marble sized balls or 2″ – 3″ cheese logs or balls and refrigerate until solid again (about 30 minutes).
- For mini-balls, pulse almonds in a food processor until almost ground then place 1T of the mixture in a baggie and shake 5 to 6 of the mini balls at a time to coat.
- If making larger cheese balls or logs, crush almonds slightly to break up a bit then roll chilled cheese balls or logs to coat lightly.