Recipe by * Pamela *
A great Appetizer to have on hand. Great as a side dish for soup too.
Top Review by KellyMae
Love these as an evening snack. Omitted the onion and subbed precooked bacon pieces. Toasted the almonds. Been making something similar to this for years, and the idea of adding almonds and worcestershire sauce intrigued me.
- 6 slices bacon, fried crisp and chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted if desired
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 loaf French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice french bread into 1 inch slices.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spread 1-2 Tablespoons of topping onto each slice of bread.
- Lay slices on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until topping is bubbling and starting to brown.
- OR TO MAKE AHEAD: flash freeze bread on a cookie sheet before baking; transfer to large freezer bag and label; bake from frozen on a cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes as above.