Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
One of my most asked-for recipes at BBQs and potlucks. Use your favorite cabbages. I like to mix it up with red, green & napa when I can get it. Be sure to wait until an hour before serving to add the bacon and cashews, unless you don't mind the crunch leaving the bacon. If you like a creamier coleslaw, increase the half & half to 1/4 cup.
- 1 lb cabbage (bagged or your favorite kinds)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed (optional)
- 1 cup unsalted cashews (salted if you're not using bacon)
- 6 slices bacon, crispy and crumbled
- Shred the cabbage. Set aside.
- Combine the mayo, vinegar, mustard, sugar, celery seed (if using), pepper and half & half. Mix until well blended.
- Pour over the shredded cabbage and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- One hour before serving, add the bacon and cashews and toss.