1/1 Photo of Bacon Cashew Coleslaw
Macaroni Mojo's Note:
One of my most asked-for recipes at BBQs and potlucks. Use your favorite cabbages. I like to mix it up with red, green & napa when I can get it. Be sure to wait until an hour before serving to add the bacon and cashews, unless you don't mind the crunch leaving the bacon. If you like a creamier coleslaw, increase the half & half to 1/4 cup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cabbage (bagged or your favorite kinds)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed (optional)
- 1 cup unsalted cashews (salted if you're not using bacon)
- 6 slices bacon, crispy and crumbled
- 1Shred the cabbage. Set aside.
- 2Combine the mayo, vinegar, mustard, sugar, celery seed (if using), pepper and half & half. Mix until well blended.
- 3Pour over the shredded cabbage and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 4One hour before serving, add the bacon and cashews and toss.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Cashew Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.8
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.2 mg
- Sodium 175.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 4.4 g