- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 125 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup stock
- 300 ml light cream
- 500 g spaghetti, cooked and drained
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, to serve
- black pepper, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and saute bacon,onion and garlic over medium heat for 2 minutes. add mushrooms and saute till tender.
- pour in the wine or stock and heat, stirring until reduced slightly.
- blend in cream and simmer gently until slightly thickened.
- add cooked pasta to sauce in pan and toss through over low heat to warm through.
- serve with a sprinkling of parsley and parmesan cheese and a good grinding of black pepper.