Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Im not sure where I got this recipe from, but have made it many many times. Kids LOVE this stuff! Its easy and doesn't take long if you have room on the smoker. We do a couple of BBQ cook-offs each year and entered this in the "open" catagory......we now get requests from judges and competitors to make more each year....LOL.
- Put bacon side by side on foil.
- Evenly spread out the brown sugar over the bacon untill you can barley see the bacon. More sugar may be needed.
- Next sprinkle the red pepper flakes out evenly over the bacon and sugar.
- Place each strip of bacon on the smoker and cook at 225 - 250 for 1.5 to 2 hours or untill all sugar is melted and turned clear and bacon is to desired doneness. Do NOT place foil with the bacon on the smoker. Bacon greese will ruin this if its not able to cook off. When done, CAREFULLY remove Pig Candy and let cool for a few minutes than enjoy.
- I have also added chopped pecans instead of the red pepper flakes -- still very tastey!