Recipe by AussieGal Tracey
These are great for picnics or just putting them in the kids lunch boxes instead of sandwiches. Something different that everyone loves.
- 7 slices bacon (i try and cut the fat off)
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 25 g butter
- 75 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 150 ml milk
- 15 ml tomato sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- milk, to glaze
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill three rashers until crisp then cut into small pieces.
- Sieve together the flour and salt into a bowl, rub in the butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add all but 15gms cheese and the crumbled bacon.
- Mix the milk, tomato sauce, and worcestershire sauce together; add dry ingredients.
- Mix to a soft dough and roll out to an 18 cm circle. Brush with milk and cut into 8 wedges. Arrange on a buttered, floured, baking tray in a circle with edges overlapping.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in oven at 200 degrees c for 30 minutes.
- Cut the remaining bacon in half and roll up. Place rolls on skewer and grill until crisp use as garnish.