Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple as that....
- 2 lbs bacon, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Fry bacon, remove from pan, and drain the fat, reserving a few tablespoons.
- After bacon has been removed from the pan, add onion and cabbage.
- Add a few tablespoons of the bacon fat and a few tablespoons of water.
- Cover and cook on high until cabbage and onions are tender.
- Combine all ingredients and add salt and pepper to taste.
I live this recipe. I actually got it from my mother-in-law a few years ago. I started looking for it on zaar, because I had misplaced it. I love this so much I will eat it three meals a day until it is gone. and it is so easy.