Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This dressing is to die for! Serve on fresh baby spinach or add mushrooms and/or thinly sliced red onion rings. This makes 2 cups of dressing but is easily halved. Adapted from The New Basics Cookbook.
- 6 slices bacon, diced (add more if you love lots of bacon)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Saute the bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients, then add the bacon.
- Refrigerate at least an hour or up to 8 hours, stirring before serving.
This was very good dressing. I made 1/2 the recipe - very easy to reduce - but I didn't change a thing. Very fresh and just as good as you would want a Ranch style dressing to be. Thanks!
Of course, 5 stars! It's a wonderful dressing; served over baby spinach with red onion slices. This would be great on lettuce-tomato salad or over just sliced tomatoes. Thanks, Jo, it's a winner!
This is wonderful! So quick and easy. I made the bacon in the microwave and mixed the other ingredients while it was cooking. Total time--10 minutes, tops. I haven't tasted it on the salad yet (will be using with baby spinach) but I'm sure it will be just as fabulous. Thanks so much for posting!