Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I had to come up with a way to spice up meatloaf when my parents were coming over for supper. Dad can't do onions or garlic, so they were out. I needed a flavour booster and came up with these gems. I made a meatloaf, then had a lot of meat left, and made meatballs with the rest. Measurements are approximate, as I didn't measure as I went.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb mushroom, finely chopped
- 4 slices bacon, finely chopped
- dried parsley, 1 palmful
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2-3 cups breadcrumbs (depending on how you like your meatloaf or meatballs)
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal, finely pulsed in the food processor
- Chop mushrooms and bacon (I used the food processor), add to ground beef.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until blended.
- Form into a meatloaf or meatballs.
- For meatloaf, bake at 350 for an hour or so, or until cooked.
- For meatballs, cook in a frying pan or in the oven.
- Can be frozen.
This is a really great recipe. The only thing that I will do next time, is to make it and put a tomato base sauce over it before baking. I did make it as a meatloaf, but want to try it as meatballs also. Very tasty, and easily made up. Hope to get a picture next time, and there will be a next time.