Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I created this recipe as my idea of what a bacon burger dog would be.I had heard about them on the Cosby tv show,but they never showed what they looked like.After I created this recipe I search the web and found recipes for bacon burger dogs,but they were made with hot dogs in the center.I think my version is very good and hope you will also.You can season meat as you like and use any cheese you prefer.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb thin sliced bacon
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into sticks 3 inches long
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- Mix ground and cajan seasoning.
- Shape into eight square pattys.
- Place one stick of cheese in center of each patty,sealing well.
- Wrap bacon around each ,usind a toothpick to hold each end of bacon.
- You should have 8 hot dog shaped burger dogs with cheese in the middle and bacon spirled around the outside.
- Grill on bbq grill about15 minutes,until done.
- Serve in hotdog buns.
First I have to say I totally messed up on how these were suppose to be shaped. After making the burgers and now sitting down to your recipe to write the review I noticed from your picture that you made these into hot-dog type burgers. I read that you pattied them into squares and I wasn't thinking that you meant oblong length. I guess that's where the cheesedog comes into play in the title. DUH>...anyway, taste was the same. I still got one piece of bacon wrapped around my square burger:-) I upped the cajun seasoning by 1/2 t. also. Sorry for the mess-up but they still went over in a big way w/DH although his grill is messed up from the cheese leaking out the bottom. :-( Thanks kansbaker! Made for Burgers and Beyond in the Photoforum for Sept., 08~