Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Brussel Sprouts are very good for you, too bad they taste like feet! But this recipe will make them disappear! I hate cabbage and all of its cousins but i find myself sneaking forkfuls of these whenever i prepare them. YOu can use this exact same recipe for green beans too!
- Dice bacon strips and fry until crispy. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat in the pan.
- Cut brussel sprouts in half and saute in the bacon fat until tender.
- Reduce heat and add vinegar.
- Toss to coat and taste for seasoning.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle bacon bits on top before serving.
This gets a full five stars, it was my favorite dish for Thanksgiving. I had to add butter while I was cooking the sprouts, and I cooked them until they started to caramelize.
Delicious! The bacon and drippings made the brussels sprouts palatable, even enjoyable. Thanks for sharing!
This was good and easy to make. We all enjoyed it as written. Made for Spring PAC 2010.