Recipe by Tina A
Yummy! This is a great dish to take to barbecues, football parties, pot lucks. **I have no idea the # of ounces, but you want the large size Ranch (not the jumbo, just large) and the regular package of penne pasta.
Top Review by tmkurth
It's winter, so I steamed the broccoli and served this salad warm. I went light on the bacon and heavy on the broccoli. We really enjoyed it. Very good with homemade ranch dressing from Recipe #47249.
- 1 (8 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 lb crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans black olives
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon crisp & crumble. You don't want it to still be hot when you add it to pasta salad.
- Boil pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta is boiling, cut broccoli into bite size florets.
- Rinse pasta in cold water & drain.
- In large mixing bowl combine pasta, broccoli, olives, ranch dressing to taste, crumbled bacon and salt & pepper.
- (grated chees & grated carrots are nice variations.).
- Chill before serving. I like to make it the day before I plan to serve it.