Recipe by TexasKelly
I found this in a magazine and had to change it to suit my personal taste and also because I didn't have all ingredients on hand. The result tasted great!
Top Review by clarinetdwg
Great casserole. We found it a little dry, though, and added about 1/2 cup of milk. We also feel like it could use a little more cheese and broccoli. Thanks for posting this! We'll definitely be having it again.
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 -3 cups pasta, any type
- 1 cup frozen broccoli (thawed)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 3 -4 tablespoons flour
- salt & pepper
- breadcrumbs (optional)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Boil water to cook pasta.
- While water is boiling, fry bacon strips.
- Set aside on paper towel to drain.
- After pasta is cooked, drain and set aside in a casserole dish.
- Crumble bacon& stir into pasta.
- Also stir in broccoli.
- Over medium heat, heat milk in a saucepan& slowly stir in flour until smooth& slightly thickened.
- Stir in cheese until mostly melted& remove from heat.
- Pour over pasta mixture and stir until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Salt and Pepper to suit personal taste& if desired, sprinkle breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese over casserole before baking.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, and let cool 5 minutes before serving.