Recipe by CHEF GRPA
Meet the Cook: Needing a quick appetizer one night when dinner was running late, I combined a few leftovers into this easy cheese ball. For variety, you can shape it into a log, or substitute favorite herbs for the pepper.
Top Review by loof
This is a great tasty cheeseball! I didn't want the broccoli to be raw so I sauteed it just a bit with the bacon before adding it to the cheese. I also took your suggestion and mixed the bacon in with the cheese, then rolled the mixture in chopped parsley before serving. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli floret
- 6 bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- assorted cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese and pepper until blended. Stir in broccoli. Shape into a ball and roll in bacon. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers.
- My Note: I used 3/4 teaspoons fresh ground garlic pepper instead and also as others had suggested added the bacon to the cheese ball, then rolled it in parsley before serving.
- I like to grate cheddar cheese because it mixes into the cream cheese better. I also just mix the bacon pieces into the ball, that way every one gets bacon with their cheese.
- I made this as one on my appetizers for a large group. it was very good. Most cheese balls are rolled in nuts preventing allergy sufferers from having some. This was great because these people could actually enjoy this appetizer. I would recommend it to others.
- I served this with 2 other appetizers so it didn't get all eaten but it was over half gone. I did steam the broccoli first just because I prefer the flavor of cooked to raw. I also added some Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning and paprika just to add a little spice.