1/1 Photo of Bacon-Broccoli Cheese Ball
CHEF GRPA's Note:
Meet the Cook: Needing a quick appetizer one night when dinner was running late, I combined a few leftovers into this easy cheese ball. For variety, you can shape it into a log, or substitute favorite herbs for the pepper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese and pepper until blended. Stir in broccoli. Shape into a ball and roll in bacon. Cover and refrigerate.
- 22. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers.
- 3My Note: I used 3/4 teaspoons fresh ground garlic pepper instead and also as others had suggested added the bacon to the cheese ball, then rolled it in parsley before serving.
- 4I like to grate cheddar cheese because it mixes into the cream cheese better. I also just mix the bacon pieces into the ball, that way every one gets bacon with their cheese.
- 5I made this as one on my appetizers for a large group. it was very good. Most cheese balls are rolled in nuts preventing allergy sufferers from having some. This was great because these people could actually enjoy this appetizer. I would recommend it to others.
- 6I served this with 2 other appetizers so it didn't get all eaten but it was over half gone. I did steam the broccoli first just because I prefer the flavor of cooked to raw. I also added some Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning and paprika just to add a little spice.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon-Broccoli Cheese Ball
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.7
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 92.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 2.4 g