1/2 Photos of Bacon Brittle
1 hr 10 mins
Found on TOH...intriguing idea for a brittle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease or butter a large nonstick baking sheet.
- 2In a medium heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water over medium heat.
- 3Stir until the sugar dissolves and the syrup comes to a boil.
- 4Attach a candy thermometer to the pan, increase the heat to high, and cook, without stirring, until the mixture reaches 290 degrees.
- 5Immediately remove from the heat.
- 6Stir in the butter, vanilla, baking soda, pecans and bacon bits.
- 7Watch out, as the mixture will foam.
- 8When the foam subsides, pour the hot mixture onto the prepared baking sheet as thinly as possible.
- 9Do not use a spatula.
- 10Cool at least 10 minutes before breaking into pieces.
- 11Store in a covered container.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Brittle
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.5
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 114.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 0.4 g