Recipe by lippensen
Prepare the night before - I purchase pre-cooked bacon for less mess.
Top Review by deborah1216
So, I bought a day old loaf of cuban bread on Christmas eve with thoughts of making a breakfast casserole. I got up Christmas morning and found this recipe. I read it, and then read more. I actually typed eggs, bacon and bread into the search engine for a casserole. I was dismayed at the "let it sit overnight" part of the recipe and decided to try it without. IT WAS AWESOME. The picky 13 year old even liked it. Thank you.
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 12 eggs
- 1 loaf bread
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Crack all 12 eggs into an 8 cup measuring cup then fill the rest of the way to the 8 cup line with milk. Stir well.
- Cube bread and put into greased 9x13 baking dish until level full.
- Put bread in large bowl and toss well with cheese and bacon and then return to the baking dish.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread mixture in the baking dish until it comes up about half-way in the pan.
- Top with melted margargine and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake casserole for 60-90 minutes or until it rises well and is brown on top.