Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
OMG I can't get enough of this bread, neither can anyone esle. I usually start a second loaf as soon as the first one comes out, so there might be some left the next day. From the book Electric Bread 2nd Ed. Makes a 1.5 pound loaf.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup cooked bacon
- 2 1⁄2 cups white bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Cook the bacon first, save the fat, crumble, and then re mix with the fat before you measure it.
- Add ingredients in the order suggested by the bread machine manufacturer, use white, rapid, or delay bake cycles.
This was great. I made it Halloween night to serve as a dipper for some potato/bacon soup. Yummy. I used the light crust color and 1.5 loaf white bread setting and it is devine. Can't wait to toast the leftovers and slather with butter for lunch today! Thanks.
This was good. My boys ate it up!
I made this to go with some minestrone, it was lovely, it rose nice and the finished product was lovely & airy, a hit with the whole family. Thanks for posting!