Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. This is a bacon lover's twist on the traditional Mexican Taco Salad!
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 2 lbs bacon
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 ounces black beans
- 8 ounces corn
- 8 ounces black olives
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 green onions
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups romaine lettuce or 4 cups spinach
- taco seasoning
- Catalina dressing
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a large cupcake pan with the biggest cupcakes and a baking sheet. Flip the cupcake pan over, using the back of the pan and line each cupcake bowl with Renold's Wrap Foil. Smooth the foil over every curve. Try to avoid wrinkling the foil to much. Make a bowl for each person.
- Take your bacon strips and make a T over the cupcake backs. Weave the other strips through the T like a basket weave. Usually takes 5-7 trips per bowl. Completely cover the backs of the cupcake bowls leaving no spaces to see the foil.
- Place the bacon wrapped cupcakes on your baking sheet and bake for 15-25 min or until brown and crispy. Let bacon completely cool down before removing from the foil.
- Cook ground beef over medium heat until brown. Drain. Return to stovetop and add taco seasoning mix of your choice. Follow the directions of taco seasoning. You can either keep beef warm or let cool as well. I like mine Hot!
- In a large mixing bowl mix black beans, corn, olives, green onions, cheese, tomatoes, spinach or romaine, and cilantro. Toss generously.
- In seperate bowl mix lemon juice, cummin, black pepper together and toss in with the bean mixture. Toss together generously.
- When bacon bowls are cooled and removed, build your taco salad. Use the beef as the floor and add your tossed black bean salad mix on top.
- Spoon sour cream on top of salad or drizzle a tiny bit of dressing on top.
- Now you are ready to eat! You can eat any way you like!