Recipe by Juenessa
This recipe is courtesy of Southern Living Magazine, April 2007. You could lighten this up a bit by using reduced fat or turkey bacon; 1/3 less fat cream cheese; and low fat milk.
Top Review by hkcurry
We really didn't care for this. I used 8 ounces of cream cheese, as it called for in the recipe, but it was very over-powering. After tasting it I added more pepper and parmesan, some garlic and onion powder and it was better. I don't think I'll make it again though.
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Keep warm.
- Cook bacon according to package directions; drain well, and crumble.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, and Italian seasoning in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl at low speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, beating until mixture is smooth.
- Microwave cream cheese mixture at HIGH 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, whisking every 30 seconds.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over warm pasta, tossing to coat.
- Top with crumbled bacon and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.