Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was inspired to make this by a recipe I saw on The Daily Pork website. I love Boursin and bacon and couldn't quit envisioning how tasty it would be in the crust from my favorite quiche recipe. Cook time does not include chilling time for dough.
- Cream butter and cream cheese together.
- Use your hands to work in the flour.
- Chill dough for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine boursin and milk in a small bowl, and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in bacon and onion.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Divide dough into small balls and press into miniature tins.
- Add a small scoop of the bacon-boursin mixture into the center of each shell.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until crust is lightly golden and filling is warmed through.
OMIGOD - these are decadent and so delicious! I love Boursin and these are definitely a keeper! I made them for fun appetizers just for me and my BF. Totally a special treat!
The flavor of these is divine! I love how easy the pastry goes together, with minimal effort. I used pepper Boursin cheese, as that is what I had on hand. It was very complimentary to the bacon and onions. I did reduce my oven temp to 375, as I only have dark mini-muffin tins; they cooked for 19 minutes. These would be great for a casual get-together or for a more elegant party. Thanks for sharing, Starrynews!
I agree that these tasted good; however they were so rich that after one you did not want to go back for more. Additionally, they were not so practical as a party treat because you only make 12 and the cost of the ingredients makes them quite the costly little treat.