It's got bacon, bourbon and bread. What's not to love?!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 loaves French bread, around 10-11 cups (I used one white and one wheat)
- 12 ounces cooked bacon (reserve the cooking fat)
- 2 apples (granny smith preferred)
- 1 onion
- 5 -6 celery ribs
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable may be used)
- 4 eggs
- 1Cut up the loaves into small cubes and lay out on a large baking sheet for at least 3 hours (or overnight) so the bread can dry out.
- 2Cook the bacon and cut into small bite size pieces.
- 3Cut the apples, onion, and celery into small bite size pieces (everything is bite size!).
- 4Mince the garlic.
- 5Cook all of that in the bacon fat and bourbon until it just begins to soften. Sprinkle on a little salt + pepper.
- 6In a large mixing bowl combine the cooked veggies, bacon and bread cubes.
- 7Stir in the stock and eggs. Stir in the chopped herbs.
- 8Dump everything into a buttered baking dish. Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Healthy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon & Bourbon Stuffing, Serves 8-10 As a Side Dish.
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1062.1
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 139.7 mg
- Sodium 2539.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 154.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 50.7 g