Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Was in the mood for something really quick and easy but flavorful and this is what I came up with. I hope you other blue cheese lovers like it too!
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1 slice cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon light cream or 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon and heat until sizzling. Meanwhile, whisk eggs and cream together in a small bowl. Pour over bacon.
- Allow to cook until firm enough to flip. Cook until the underside is firm.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 Tbls. of blue cheese over half the omelette and fold the other half of the omelette over the top. Sprinkle remaining blue cheese over the top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Fabulous. I cooked the bacon first in the microwave, crumbled it up and then made the omelet. I just loved the bacon and blue cheese flavor combinations. Yummy!
This easy-fix & flavorful omelet felt like gourmet fine dining w/a comfort kick. I doubled the recipe for 2 of us to make 1 lrg omelet & then halved it to serve w/toast & cottage fries. Rich w/the taste of bacon & blue cheese, it was a definite DH pleaser when I served breakfast for dinner like I did so many times in Dallas for myself. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
Great gourmet twist on a regular omelette! It was loved by everyone at the breakfast table! Thanks, Marg!