Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from the California Avocado Commission
- 1 flour tortilla (10 inch)
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 slices roma tomatoes, 1/8-inch thick
- 1⁄4 avocado, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup bacon, cooked crisp, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon spinach, fresh, julienne
avocado ranch dressing
- 1⁄8 avocado
- 1⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 3⁄4 teaspoon parsley, fresh
- Top flour tortilla in listed order, spreading the cheese over the entire surface, and the rest of the fillings over half of the surface.
- Nestle the slice of tomato in the curve of each slice of avocado.
- Brown quesadilla on a medium grill. Fold in half, cut into thirds.
- Serve with 1/4 C Avocado Ranch Dressing.
- Avocado Ranch Dressing:.
- Dice California avocado. Blend avocado, Ranch dressing, and parsley, freshly chopped until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Yield 2 1/2°C.
This is very good! A nice blend of salty, creamy and tangy. I doubled the ingredients and made with two tortillas sandwiched together. Will definitely make this again. Made for ZWT8 Family Picks.
We are big fans of quesadillas & enjoyed this one as well. We did have red onions so I used green onions. We don't care for blue cheese so we sub'd for feta cheese. Added abit of jalapeno also & baked it in the toaster oven. I agree that I wasn't crazy about the tangy overtone of the ranch dressing with the avocado so cut it back & sub'd abit of yogurt instead. The quesadilla was great & the dressing warmed up to us after a few bites, thanks for sharing.
A nice flavor combination in an easy attractive quesadilla. The bacon and the fresh onion add a little crunch, and the blue cheese makes this more than ordinary. I didn't make the dressing - I think the ranch flavor might overwhelm the blue cheese. (Note that the dressing amounts are for 8 servings. This is a rich meal, but not nearly as many calories as the Nutrition Facts suggest.)