Sharon in Ontario. Canada's Note:
This is an inexpensive solution to buying prepackaged bags of bacon bits. It is very convenient and time saving.
My Private Note
- 1Fry bacon (or cook in microwave) until bacon is crisp.
- 3Blot with paper towel to absorb excess grease.
- 4Crumble and store in ziploc bag in freezer for whenever you need bacon bits!
- 5I don't add the bacon grease; however, I need two ingredients for the recipe!
- 6This is not so much a correction as it is an addition we have recently discovered.We will now leave the bacon whole in the plastic ziploc. If we want bacon and eggs we just take what we want and heat in microwave. If we want some for salads we just crumble and use.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Bits
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.7
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.2 mg
- Sodium 378.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 5.2 g