This recipe was featured in an email today from the www.kingarthurflour.com website and has gotten rave reviews! Superbowl food!!! :-) "These little savory gems are simple to put together in advance, can go directly from the freezer into the oven, and combine three of the most irresistible snack foods on earth: bread, cheese, and bacon. You can vary the filling in any number of ways (see our tips, below). Make sure you let the bites sit for 5 minutes before serving; the cream cheese gets mighty hot, and you don't want to burn anyone's mouth."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the cheeses until smooth. Stir in the peppers and scallions until evenly distributed; set aside.
- 2Trim the crusts from the slices of bread.
- 3Once the bread is trimmed, spread the slices with the filling, covering it completely.
- 4Roll the bread up from the short side, pressing down just enough to make it stick to itself.
- 5Wrap a slice of bacon and wrap it around the roll, overlapping the bacon to cover the bread completely. If you need more than one bacon slice, tuck the end of the second bacon slice under the end of the first. Trim the bacon when you get to the top of the roll.
- 6Freeze the wrapped rolls for 30 minutes to firm them up.
- 7To bake, preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line it with parchment paper.
- 8Slice the rolls in thirds and place on the baking sheet, cut side down. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (5 minutes longer if baking from frozen), until the bacon is crisp and the tops are golden brown.
- 9Remove from the oven and place on a serving platter; let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Bites
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.6
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.8 mg
- Sodium 161.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g