Recipe by Wendy-Bob
I have a bacon and banana recipe that is my favourite and reserved specially for barbeques (see Must-Try BBQ Bacon & Banana Rolls), but this is a selection of our other bacon ideas. Most of these are either from or inspired by a Margeurite Patten home-made drinks book I have that also has canape ideas in the back.
- 4 slices streaky bacon
- 8 pieces cheese or 8 pineapple chunks or 8 cocktail franks or 8 king prawns or 8 sweet gherkins or 8 stuffed olives or 8 slices bananas or 8 dates
- mustard (optional) or chutney (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the rind from the bacon and cut each rasher in half.
- If using, spread each half rasher with mustard or chutney.
- Roll each piece of bacon around any of the options given and place on a cocktail stick.
- Grill (broil?) or bake (at approximately 200c) for around 10-15mins or until the bacon is cooked.
- Optional ingredients are as follows (as the ingredients list isn't very clear) --.
- 8 cubes of cheese (cut to fit bacon).
- 8 chunks of pineapple.
- 8 mini sausages.
- 8 king prawns.
- 8 sweet gherkins.
- 8 stuffed olives.
- 8 pieces of banana.
- 8 dates.