Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found on net.
- 5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 10 tablespoons vegetable oil or 10 tablespoons bacon fat
- 1 tablespoon onion powder or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Pinch off pieces of the dough and roll them into two-inch balls.
- Put them on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake them at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let them cool, then store in an airtight container.
I just had to make this after seeing Nimz's photo and review. Our two dogs, Zeke (who's hidden) and Jake loved them. I mixed all the dry ingredients together and cut in the bacon fat before adding in the wet ingredients. It takes some kneading in the bowl to pull it all together for pinching. I cut the recipe in half and I think I got 2 doz biscuits out of it and I know I got 2 happy dogs. Thanks for posting. :)
I can only speak for my dogs as I didn't try these. All five of them seemed to really enjoy these. I only had one that was a little hesitant but once she tasted them she wanted more. I was concerned that the garlic powder would offend my bloodhound with her highly sensitive nose, but not the case. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010 :)