Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
These go well with a beer. Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui. New Zealand
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 ounces cheese, grated, extra
- Remove rind from bacon, fry until golden on both sides, chop finely.
- Beat butter until creamy, add egg yolk, mix well.
- Add grated cheese, mix well.
- Add sifted flour and salt, mix to a firm dough; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut into rounds with a 1 1/2 inch fluted cutter.
- Put rounds on greased oven trays, sprinkle with bacon and extra cheese. Bake in moderate oven 10 - 12 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Delicious! Easy to make, perfect for a snack, my kids loved these. Gonna make them next time we have a card game.
Yummy bikkies that are easy to make...they DO go really well with a beer...lol. I might try Julie's idea of the dry mustard or maybe some chopped chives next time, just for a bit of variation. Thanks Doreen - I've tried a number of your recipes now and they are always winners!!!
Very *Moreish*Added a little dry mustard to the dough mix.