Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe www.marthawhite.com
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- In large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels. Crumble.
- Place flour in large bowl.
- With pastry blender or fork, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in cooked bacon.
- Add milk; stir with fork until soft dough forms and mixture begins to pull away from sides of bowl.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough just until smooth.
- Roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut with floured 2-inch round cutter.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees F. for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.