Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
You can just imagine how your dog is going to react wen they smell bacon in the kitchen. Dogs just love this treat. Onion in any form can be deadly to your dog. Please only use garlic powder in this recipe!! Also remember this is not for humans only dogs!!
- 5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 10 tablespoons vegetable oil or 10 tablespoons bacon fat
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (to grease cookie sheet) or 1 tablespoon bacon fat (to grease cookie sheet)
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Pinch off pieces of the dough and roll them into two-inch balls.
- Put them on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake them at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let them cool, then store in an airtight container.
Hey RecipeNut! I don't think Varinia understood that these are MEANT for dogs. Anyway, my dog woofed them down! Thanks for posting!
I can't speak for myself - but my parents' dogs LOVED these! Can you see them anxiously waiting for DS to let go of the biscuits? I do believe we spoiled their little appetites by making these morsels BEFORE they came. We would sneak them these when Grandma and Grandpa weren't looking. We are their dogs new best friends. **As a side - my mom (Grandma) did say the dogs did get some pretty smelly gas from these though. Just a warning. :)
These didn't really have a good taste. It mostly tasted like bacon grease. But my dog liked them.