Recipe by Nicole Brummett
This is a great little appetizer, snack, or food gift. This is actually a kids in the kitchen recipe, so it's quick and easy. I usually use a little more bacon and serve with a hot mustard dipping sauce.
Top Review by Manda
This was wonderful!! Only thing I changed was that I added a bit of ground black pepper and garlic powder to the sauce. Other than that, followed the recipe exactly, and it was absolutely divine. I served it as an appy, but it ended up being the main course because we finished the whole thing, and everyone was too full to eat the main dish/lol!! I served with mustard and ketchup for dipping (I liked the ketchup because I am a ketchup freak!) Definitely will be making this again (perhaps next time I'll make it as a main dish/lol!) Thanks!! ~Manda
- 1 (5 ounce) jar sharp American cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter flavor shortening
- 1 (12 ounce) package flakey biscuits
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, melt cheese spread and shortening; stir until blended.
- Pour into a well greased 6 cup oven proof ring mold or a 9 inch fluted tube pan.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters and place over mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately invert pan onto serving platter and remove.
- Sprinkle with bacon and parsley.
- Serve warm.