Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy savory appetizer that usually goes quickly. I have also used non-layer biscuits, cut into thirds and pressed into mini-muffin tins before topping with the filling.
- 1 (8 ounce) canrefrigerated layer biscuits
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese or 2 cups swiss cheese (8 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or more if needed for desired consistency)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Separate each biscuit into 3 pieces.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Combine the cheese, mayo, onion, bacon, sugar, garlic salt and hot pepper sauce in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture, spreading evenly, on each biscuit round.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden.
What an easy, great tasting appetizer. The crowd went wild and quickly ate them up (I should have doubled the recipe). The only thing I did different was cut the amount of hot pepper sauce to about 3 drops since I was serving some people who do not like too spicy/hot food. Sbsbea, this is a great find for me, thanks so much for sharing. :-)
what a killer recipe! i doubled the hot sauce (i use cholula) and omitted the sugar. i used a mexican cheese blend. served as a side with Recipe#135894, my Recipe#192357 and roasted garlic mashed potatoes! loved it! will be adding this to my keepers for sure. next time i'll make these for breakfast! thanks so much for sharing!!!
I LOVED the flavor of these. I made 2 small changes - used only 1/2 onion and used MORE hot pepper sauce (it still wasn't too spicy). It has a really nice, almost tangy flavor. I was only able to separate most of the biscuits into 2 pieces instead of 3, so I had a lot of the topping left over, which I used as a filling in a grilled sandwich (YUM). Thanks so much, will make again!